The Safe Steps Arm Band provides visibility when walking or running at night. The Safe Steps Arm Band operate in blinking or steady on modes and are available in 6 colors.
They're the perfect light for running or walking your pets at night too. Our armband lights operate on 2 CR2032 Lithium batteries (included and installed) and are ready to wear right away. Weather resistant.
- Available In 6 colors: White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow and Pink
- Weather Resistant
- Flashing and Steady On Modes
Arm Band Safety Lights for Joggers
If you are a night jogger, the best way to minimize the chance of being involved in a serious accident is to increase your visibility to others. Especially if you are in dark clothing there is a higher risk of an accident with a cyclist, motorcycle or car when running at night. Equipping yourself with a safety light should be a priority when heading out for that evening jog. Armband safety lights for joggers are designed for this purpose. They are attached to the arm and emit light which increases your visibility to other road users.
For joggers looking to invest in safety lights that attach to your arm, there are numerous options available on the market. While being budget minded, it is important to keep in mind what kind of features a high-quality jogging safety light should have. Many of these lights are fairly inexpensive and come equipped with great safety features, such as:
- Light-Weight Construction - Considering that this is a safety tool and not an exercising tool, it should be lightweight. The lights core and the body should be made with material that makes it as light as possible.
- Blinking and Steady-Light Mode - While it is standard for most of these safety lights to be equipped with bright LED lights, you should note that brightness is not the only feature you should be concerned with. Many of the safety lights feature a flashing light mode which can bring more attention to you.
- Reflective Material - Aside from having LED lights, it important that the armband is constructed using material that is reflective or has the ability to illuminate. This increases the visibility of the armband, which in turn increases your visibility to others.
- Long Battery Life – The longer the batteries last, the less you need to worry about replacing them. Many of these types of lights last over 50 hours on one set of batteries.
- Sturdy and Secure Fit – Make sure the light securely attaches to your arm whether it is a Velcro strap or a snap-type closure. This ensures that the light does not move around or loosen while running.
- Weather/Water Resistant – The device should at the very least be water resistant. Rain decreases normal visibility so you definitely will want to make sure that your arm band light can hold up when it gets wet. Weather resistant devices should mean that the light can withstand extreme temperatures – if you are one of those hard-core winter time joggers, you should feel confident knowing your safety light can handle temps lower than 32 degrees!
These safety lights aren’t limited to just the joggers. They are a great safety tool for evening dog walkers, bike riders, and even trick-or-treaters.
Be the first!